Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Musings

Ah, another Sunday.

I went to bed late last night. First David and I watched the Mama Mia movie with Meryl Streep. Great music. He didn't remember much of it; says he was into rock in those years. Then I watched a Lifetime movie called America, which was really good. When I was sick a few weeks ago, I tried to watch several Lifetime movies but they just seemed to exaggerate good and bad - the good wife and the evil husband kind of thing. But America, about a boy named America who was in the foster care system, was very well done. Rosie O'Donnell was in it.

I woke up at 6:30 and decided while I was up, I'd let Pepper out, and then I went back to bed. I'm reading a very interesting book now called Mozart and the Whale; an Asperger's Love Story. It's the true story of a man and woman with Aspergers who meet and fall in love (although making it work is a big challenge and I don't know if it ultimately does work cause I'm not done with the book). So I read for a while and fell back asleep, and I must say, when I am able to sleep in on a weekend, it's wonderful. Cause lately I feel like I'm just gliding through life in a foggy haze. Lack of sleep does that. Sometimes it helps when I take 2 benadryl at night, a half hour apart, but I wake up just parched when I do that.

Got up at 10 or so, David went out to get our Sunday bagels, and, well, this is what Sundays are all about. I put a pot roast in the oven that I discovered on a blog (alwaysanotherrecipe.blogspot.com/2008/11/all-day-pot-roast.html). We have a rehearsal this afternoon, and this pot roast can cook for 8 hours (I cook it a little less than what the recipe calls for), so we will come home and dinner will be done. I love that. I wish I could work that out every day.

Every winter I say I'm going to get more into crock pot cooking, and then I don't. Most of the recipes I have involve too much prep in the morning, and at 6:00 AM, I do not feel like doing much kitchen prep.

Work has been stressful and it is so nice to me to have 2 days not worrying about it. For 10 years, I was a manager, and I thought about work 24/7. It was always on my mind. No more. Weekends are for getting away from the old grind, in body AND in spirit.

No comments: